Working in our community every day, San Antonio Police Officers see children and families in need and barely getting by. Through BLUE CARES, the San Antonio Police Officers’ Association is doing its part to help but we can’t do it alone. We need your help.
These amazing Blue Cares programs and projects are not possible without the generous support of people like you. As a supporter of Blue Cares, we would be proud to count you alongside San Antonio’s finest who are doing their part for the most vulnerable in our community.
Here’s why you should donate to blue cares:
- You will join with the men and women of the San Antonio Police Officers’ Association in helping our community’s most underprivileged and at-risk children.
- You will help meet the nutritional needs of children through Project CJ (Caring for Juniors), a food assistance program that provides weekly food packs for disadvantaged students attending Title 1 Elementary Schools.
- You will help support the college ambitions of deserving, graduating high school students through the SAPOA Blue Cares Scholarship, which was established after the death of Officer Patricia Calderon, the first female San Antonio Police Officer to die in the line of duty.
- You will help us organize special projects all year-long like our Backpack Drive, where we donate back-to-school back packs to students throughout San Antonio and our Bike Program, where San Antonio police officers collect, repair, and clean used bikes, and then give them to kids with perfect attendance at local elementary and middle schools.
- You will bring joy to children during the holidays through our Blue Santa program, which gives toys, food, and clothes to children in need.
- Your donations are completely tax–deductible