Working in our community each and every day, San Antonio Police Officers see children and families in need, or barely getting by.
Through BLUE CARES, the San Antonio Police Officers Association is doing its part to help, but that doesn’t mean we can do it alone.
We need you to help us make a real difference.
Please Donate to Blue Cares. Here’s why:
- You join with the men and women of the San Antonio Police Officers Association in helping our community’s most underprivileged, low income and at-risk children.
- You bring joy to children during the Holidays through Blue Santa, who gives toys, food, clothes, and monetary donations to kids from low-income families.
- You help support the college ambitions of deserving students from underprivileged families through the Blue Cares Scholarship, established in the name of Officer Patricia Calderon, the first female officer to die in the line of duty.
- You help meet the nutritional needs of children through Project CJ (Caring for Juniors), which provides weekly home food packages for students attending Title 1 Elementary Schools.
- You help us organize special projects all year-long like our work with the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, where we donated $20,000 toward renovation of the Children’s Oncology Unit, our Backpack Drive, where we donate back-to-school back packs to students throughout San Antonio, and our Bike Program, where San Antonio police officers collect used or slightly damaged bikes, repair and clean them, and then give them to kids in local elementary and middle schools.
- Your donations are completely tax–deductible.
These amazing Blue Cares programs and projects are not possible without the generous support of people like you. As a supporter of Blue Cares, we will be proud to count you alongside San Antonio’s finest, who are doing their part for the most vulnerable in our community.
Volunteers are the most important assets to any non-profit program. We appreciate any help that is offered.
The goal of Project CJ is to ensure children have enough healthy snacks and food options during their time away from school and on weekends.