Blue Santa Program
Ways to get involved:
Please Donate to Blue Cares. Here’s why:
- You join with the men and women of the San Antonio Police Officers Association in helping our community’s most underprivileged, low income and at-risk children.
- You bring joy to children during the Holidays through Blue Santa, who gives toys, food, clothes, and monetary donations to kids from low-income families.
- You help support the college ambitions of deserving students from underprivileged families through the Blue Cares Scholarship, established in the name of Officer Patricia Calderon, the first female officer to die in the line of duty.
- You help meet the nutritional needs of children through Project CJ (Caring for Juniors), which provides weekly home food packages for students attending Title 1 Elementary Schools.
- You help us organize special projects all year-long like our work with the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, where we donated $20,000 toward renovation of the Children’s Oncology Unit, our Backpack Drive, where we donate back-to-school back packs to students throughout San Antonio, and our Bike Program, where San Antonio police officers collect used or slightly damaged bikes, repair and clean them, and then give them to kids in local elementary and middle schools.
- Your donations are completely tax–deductible.
Toy Drop-off Locations
Blue Cares welcomes new, unwrapped toy donations all year long, but especially during the Holiday Season. Your toy donations support our programs that serve children from disadvantaged homes throughout our city. To donate toys to Blue Cares, simply deliver new, unwrapped toys suitable for children of all ages to one of the locations below.
SAPOA Blue Santa Application
To apply to the SAPOA Blue Santa program please download and complete the application. Attach the completed application, a valid copy of your ID and a copy of each child’s birth certificate to the form below. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, October 30th.
Project C J
Volunteers are the most important assets to any non-profit program. We appreciate any help that is offered.
The goal of Project CJ is to ensure children have enough healthy snacks and food options during their time away from school and on weekends.