Blue Santa Program
In 1976, the Blue Santa Program was created to help bring holiday happiness to families and children throughout San Antonio. Blue Santa is all about bringing hope and joy to families that struggle to make ends meet during the toughest times of the year, the holidays. Police officers are in a unique position to see the struggles families endure throughout the year, so we began partnering with local businesses and organizations and volunteers to collect food, clothes toys, and monetary donations to assist thousands of families in our city. A simple gift can change a life, and BlueSanta is our way of saying, “we care.” During the month of December, San Antonio police officers, volunteers, and Blue Santa, work very hard to deliver all the needed items to these underprivileged children and their families. All money raised from SAPOA’s biggest events, the Sporting Clay Shoot and Blue Santa Golf Tournament, goes to Blue Cares to fund our Blue Santa project. Police officers are here to serve. Sometimes that means giving a little happiness to children whose families may be in tough financial circumstances.
Ways to get involved:
Working in our community each and every day, San Antonio Police Officers see children and families in need, or barely getting by. Through BLUE CARES, the San Antonio Police Officers Association is doing its part to help, but that doesn’t mean we can do it alone. We need you to help us make a real difference.
These amazing Blue Cares programs and projects are not possible without the generous support of people like you. As a supporter of Blue Cares, we will be proud to count you alongside San Antonio’s finest, who are doing their part for the most vulnerable in our community.
Please Donate to Blue Cares. Here’s why:
- You join with the men and women of the San Antonio Police Officers Association in helping our community’s most underprivileged, low income and at-risk children.
- You bring joy to children during the Holidays through Blue Santa, who gives toys, food, clothes, and monetary donations to kids from low-income families.
- You help support the college ambitions of deserving students from underprivileged families through the Blue Cares Scholarship, established in the name of Officer Patricia Calderon, the first female officer to die in the line of duty.
- You help meet the nutritional needs of children through Project CJ (Caring for Juniors), which provides weekly home food packages for students attending Title 1 Elementary Schools.
- You help us organize special projects all year-long like our work with the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, where we donated $20,000 toward renovation of the Children’s Oncology Unit, our Backpack Drive, where we donate back-to-school back packs to students throughout San Antonio, and our Bike Program, where San Antonio police officers collect used or slightly damaged bikes, repair and clean them, and then give them to kids in local elementary and middle schools.
- Your donations are completely tax–deductible.
Toy Drop-off Locations
Blue Cares welcomes new, unwrapped toy donations all year long, but especially during the Holiday Season. Your toy donations support our programs that serve children from disadvantaged homes throughout our city. To donate toys to Blue Cares, simply deliver new, unwrapped toys suitable for children of all ages to one of the locations below.
Studio 120 4445 DeZavala Road San Antonio, TX 78249 www.studio120sa.com
Farmers Insurance Office of Justine Gonzales 11888 Starcrest Dr Ste 114 San Antonio, TX 78247
Wrapped in Wellness 9819 IH-10 West San Antonio, TX 78230 sawrappedinwellness.com
First Cal 1354 N. Loop 1604 E., Ste 103 San Antonio, TX 78232
UltraVision 6818 Heuermann Road San Antonio, Texas 78256
Legacy Mutual Mortgage Group 3820 fm 3009, Suite 148 Schertz, TX 78154
Chick-Fil-A #1776 6565 Ingram Rd Schertz, TX 78238 210-767-9193
Alamo Shooting Sports 16111 Shooting Sports San Antonio, TX 78232
Leon Valley North 6625 Bandera Rd Leon Valley, TX 78238 (210) 509-4322
Leon Valley South 6451 Bandera Rd San Antonio, TX 78238 (210) 684-9085
San Antonio Airport 6923 San Pedro Ave San Antonio, TX 78216 (210) 344-1691
San Antonio East 9530 Perrin Bietel San Antonio, TX 78217 (210) 590-8190
San Antonio Northeast 13220 Nacogdoches San Antonio, TX 78217 (210) 946-7142
San Antonio West 7490 Culebra San Antonio, TX 78251 (210) 647-3784
SAPOA Blue Santa Application
To apply to the SAPOA Blue Santa program please download and complete the application. Attach the completed application, a valid copy of your ID and a copy of each child’s birth certificate to the form below. Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, October 30th.
Project C J
Volunteers are the most important assets to any non-profit program. We appreciate any help that is offered.
The goal of Project CJ is to ensure children have enough healthy snacks and food options during their time away from school and on weekends.