Project C J
Project CJ (Caring for Juniors) is a food assistance program that benefits students who come from low-income families and attend Title One elementary schools in San Antonio.
The goal of Project CJ is to ensure children have enough healthy snacks and food options during their time away from school and on weekends. For a school to qualify as Title One, at least 40% of students must be enrolled in the “free and reduced lunch program.”
Blue Cares and the San Antonio Food Bank partnered together for Project CJ to ensure children have enough healthy snack and food options during the weekends. Project CJ works with educators and community leaders at identified schools to identify children in need.
Project CJ is important because proper nutrition is a basic necessity, and when the weekend comes and there is not a cafeteria available to provide food, a sizable portion of children attending Title One schools go hungry during the day.
Please Donate to Blue Cares. Here’s why:
- You join with the men and women of the San Antonio Police Officers Association in helping our community’s most underprivileged, low income and at-risk children.
- You bring joy to children during the Holidays through Blue Santa, who gives toys, food, clothes, and monetary donations to kids from low-income families.
- You help support the college ambitions of deserving students from underprivileged families through the Blue Cares Scholarship, established in the name of Officer Patricia Calderon, the first female officer to die in the line of duty.
- You help meet the nutritional needs of children through Project CJ (Caring for Juniors), which provides weekly home food packages for students attending Title 1 Elementary Schools.
- You help us organize special projects all year-long like our work with the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, where we donated $20,000 toward renovation of the Children’s Oncology Unit, our Backpack Drive, where we donate back-to-school back packs to students throughout San Antonio, and our Bike Program, where San Antonio police officers collect used or slightly damaged bikes, repair and clean them, and then give them to kids in local elementary and middle schools.
- Your donations are completely tax–deductible.
Project C J
Volunteers are the most important assets to any non-profit program. We appreciate any help that is offered.
The goal of Project CJ is to ensure children have enough healthy snacks and food options during their time away from school and on weekends.